How to add a printer in Windows 10 (the easy way)
NOTE: For students using ‘University Desktops’ VDIs, there’s an even easier way to add printers! See this article: https://it.rivier.edu/knowledgebase/adding-rivier-network-printers-to-vdi-session/
This article describes how to add a Rivier network printer to any Rivier VDI workstation or classroom/lab/podium PC.
How to add a printer in Windows 10 (the easy way):
- Click the Start menu (Windows button on taskbar in the lower left corner).
- Start typing control panel. There isn’t a box to type in; just type with the menu open.
- Click Control Panel, Desktop app when it appears in the menu.
- From the Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound, click View devices and printers.
- From Devices and Printers, click Add a printer.
- Scroll through the alphabetic printer list. Double click on it or click it and press Next.
Your printer is now installed and ready to use!
For instructions with screenshots, please see this document: Knowedge Base – How to add a printer in Windows 10 (the easy way)