MFA and Outlook 2016 – Fix Lockup at Startup
Sometimes, after enabling MFA, Outlook 2016 will lock up at startup. You may see something like this:
Here’s how to resolve this by signing in through Word:
- Close Outlook. Click the X in the blue, not the X in the white.
- Open Word. Open a blank new document. Click File -> Account.
- If it has your name in User Information, click the Sign out button. Hit “Yes” if prompted to confirm.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- Enter your Rivier email address, click Next. Enter your password and click Sign in.
- You will receive a text message. Enter the code from the text into the Word dialog box. Hit Next.
- You are now signed into Office, which signs you into Outlook. The next time you open Outlook, you will not be prompted for a password.
Step 3 Step 4