My computer is running slowly / Where can I get free antivirus software?
[This is a stub article. Use the information provided at your own risk.]
Sometimes your computer is running slow because you haven’t restarted in a few days. Try to restart first. If that doesn’t work it may have a log of malware installed.
Two free software packages work very well together in cleaning your PC or mobile devices from junk files, fixes registry errors, and also cleans your computer from adware/spyware.
C Cleaner – https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
•Web Browsers – Cleans temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, download history, form history.
•Windows – Cleans the Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists.
•Registry Cleaner – Cleans advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more
•Cleans 3rd Party Apps- Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more
Installing C Cleaner
- Download C cleaner
- Install CCleaner. Click “Run” to do this.
- Now, select what language you want the installer to run in. The default is English. Click “Ok” to continue.
- The installer will now properly launch, click “Next”.
- Click “I Agree”software license agreement and then click Next
- At the Install options window, do not make any changes, click install.
- It should take just a few seconds to install CCleaner, when finished, click “Finish” to close the installer
- Now you are ready to use.
How to use C Cleaner
- In CCleaner, click the Cleaner icon at left.
- Click the Analyze button. CCleaner analyzes the files and Registry keys belonging to the Windows features and applications you have selected. This may take some time.
- Click Run Cleaner. You are warned that CCleaner is about to permanently remove files from the system. Click OK to proceed.
- When the cleaning is complete, CCleaner displays a report of deleted files in the text window. To save the list, right-click in the text window and then click Save to text file…
SuperAntiSpyware – https://www.superantispyware.com/
SuperAntiSpyware – Will Remove:
How to use SuperAntiSpyware
- Download free edition
- Click run
- Click Next throughout the setup wizard
- Click Finish
- Click Start Trial
- On the bottom left corner of the task bar
- Click the SuperAntispyware icon
- Click on Scan this computer
- Select the type of Scan
- As it scans it will count the number of files found
- It will display how many have been found Click Continue
- Then it will begin removing the spyware
Where can I get anti-spyware software?
Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender built-in for antivirus.
In addition, here are 2 of the best FREE programs that you can download to use to clean your computer of adware / spyware.
MalwareBytes : www.malwarebytes.org
Superantispyware : www.superspyware.com
How can you tell if you have adware or spyware on your computer?
•Your computer is slowing down
•Annoying adds are displayed
•Internet traffic suspiciously increases
•Your browser homepage changed without your input
•Unusual messages show unexpectedly.
•Your security solution is disabled
•Your friends say they receive strange messages from you
•Unfamiliar icons are displayed on your desktop
•Unusual error messages
•You can’t access the Control Panel
•Everything seems to work perfectly on your PC
•You get the error on the browser
•You get suspicious shortcut files