Rivier University provides network and internet access for current Rivier users and official guests. In order to access the Rivier network, you must have a valid user account (username and password).
There are three Wi-Fi networks (SSIDs) on our campus. They each serve a different purpose. Please use the Wi-Fi network that is most applicable to you:
- RIVIER: The RIVIER wireless network is a SECURE network, designed for students, faculty and staff to use on laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- rivopen: The rivopen wireless network is an open network (no password needed) designed to support gaming consoles, smart TVs, and other devices that can’t connect to RIVIER.
- RivierGuest: The RivierGuest wireless network allows web access for our guests while visiting Rivier University campus. This network is secured by a shared password, and the password is given to guests who should use this network.
Connecting to the RIVIER Wi-Fi
Windows 10 /11 Devices
We recently simplified the connection process for Windows 10 devices.
- Select the Network icon on the taskbar (bottom right area). The icon that appears depends on your current connection state. If you don’t see one of the network icons (the Wi-Fi logo, a computer screen, or a globe), select the Up arrow to see if it appears there.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network RIVIER, then select Connect.
- Type your Rivier username (not full email address) and Rivier password, and then select Next.
- Choose No if you do not want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on the network.
Watch this YouTube Video: Connecting to the Rivier Wi-Fi
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- Under “Network,” select Add connection Add Wi-Fi Advanced.
- Choose WPA2/Enterprise.
- Enter name: RIVIER (must be all caps)
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: Automatic or MSCHAPv2
- Certificate: Change to ‘Do not check certificate.’
- Identity: Enter your username (do not enter entire email address)
- Password: Use your Rivier campus account password
- Click Connect.
Smartphones and Tablets
- iPhones, iPads, and Android devices typically connect without any issues to the RIVIER network.
- On Apple iOS devices, you may need to click “Trust” after entering your username and password.
- On newer devices, you may need to fill out a domain name, enter “campus.rivier.edu”.
- Make sure your username (or Identity) does NOT include @rivier.edu.
- Manual settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Identity: <Rivier username–do not include @rivier.edu>
- Password: <Rivier Password>
- CA certificate: Do not check *or* Use system certificates
- Online certificate status: Don’t validate
- Domain: campus.rivier.edu
- Phase 2 authentication (under advanced/more): MSCHAPv2
- IP settings (under advanced/more): DHCP
- Proxy (under advanced/more): None
- Metered network (under advanced/more): Detect automatically
- MAC address type (under advanced/more): Phone MAC *or* Device MAC–do not select Randomized MAC
- Connect to RIVIER network.
- Use your campus username (do NOT include @rivier.edu) and password.
- You may be prompted to trust a certificate. (Yes.)
- You may be prompted for your MacBook password to trust the RIVIER network.
How to Delete/Forget RIVIER Wi-Fi
If you are unable to connect to the RIVIER network, you will need to delete the RIVIER connection and start over.
You will also have to forget the RIVIER network if you reset your campus password. Follow these steps:
- Click: “Windows Start Button” in the lower left taskbar
- Click: “Settings”
- Click: “Network & Internet”
- Click: “Manage Wi-Fi settings”
- Click: “RIVIER”
- Click: “Forget”
- Follow the instructions above to try again to connect to the RIVIER Wi-Fi.