Adding Rivier Network Printers to VDI Session – Students Only
We’re excited to announce an easier way to add a printer to the VDI University Desktops!
NOTE: This article applies to students only.
For faculty/staff using Staff_Faculty VDIs or Classroom Podium VDIs, please follow the instructions in this article: How to add a printer in Windows 10 (the easy way)
Simply log into the VDI workstation choosing either Windows 7 or Windows 10 University Desktops, and then wait until the Desktop loads. You will now see a new icon on our desktop that says STUDENT PRINTERS – CLICK HERE. Double click that icon and you are presented with an alphabetical list of available printers. Then, double click the printer you wish to use, wait a few moments, and the printer will be ready to use.
- Note: If you receive an error when double clicking a printer, simply double click the printer up to two more times and it should work.
Here are the old instructions. These older instructions still work, but we think you’ll never need them anymore!
- Click Start button.
- Devices and Printers (Windows 7), or type “Control Panel” press Enter and then click “View devices and printers” (Windows 10).
- Add a printer.
- Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- Choose “Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature” then click Next.
- Sort by name. Double click the printer you want to add. Next.
- Set as default.