I am not receiving all email – How to check Junk Mail and Quarantine
Are you missing an important email? It is probably in your Junk Mail folder, or possibly in the quarantine.
Here is what to check when you think you’re missing email:
- Are you sure it was sent to you? Make sure the sender has your correct email address. Also, ask the sender to make sure the message is not still in the Outbox, meaning it hasn’t sent yet.
- Rivier email uses the Office 365 email platform. Our message size limit is 25 MB per message; larger email messages will be returned to sender. We also block certain file attachment types.
- If you have Focused Inbox enabled, check to see if the message is in your “Other Mail” folder. See this article from Microsoft for more info.
- Check your Junk Mail folder. See this article from Microsoft.
- Check to see if you have a mail rule enabled that is moving your email to another folder or deleting it. (Contact the help desk for more information about this.)
- Check to see if you have mail forwarding enabled. Forwarding is not allowed by Rivier policy. (Contact the help desk for more information about this.)
- NEW! Check the message quarantine on the web. Mail that is administratively blocked appears in the message quarantine. Be careful! The messages in the quarantine may contain viruses or be phishing email. However, you can release messages from the quarantine if you know they are safe:
- Visit https://protection.office.com/quarantine — log in using your Rivier email address and password if prompted.
- Click Threat management -> Review -> Quarantine
- You will see a list of messages in the quarantine. (If there are no messages, you will see ‘No data available’ instead.)
- Click the box next to the message(s) you wish to release. Then, click Release message(s).
- The message(s) that you release will appear in your Outlook Inbox.
Need help? Contact email@example.com or call (603) 897-8469.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.