MFA Setup Instructions with Text Messaging
- Visit https://aka.ms/MFASetup (recommended from a PC or VDI)
- Sign in by entering your Rivier email address and password. You will be asked to provide more information.
- Microsoft suggests using Microsoft Authenticator app. If you prefer to use the text message option, you will need to click “I want to set up a different method” at the bottom of the page. Do not click Next.
- A dialog box will appear with a drop-down menu. Change the method to Phone (from app), then click Next.
- Enter your 10-digit phone number, select “Text me a code” and then click Next.
- You will then get a text message code on your phone. Enter the code on your PC and click Next.
- If the code was entered correctly, you will see a confirmation (“SMS verified.”). Click Next.
- The next page forces you to create an app password. Most people do not need this app password. Simply type any 8 letters into the box and then click Next.
- Again, you do not need your app password. Ignore this screen and click Done.
- If you see “Success!” then you are done! Click Done.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.