MFA Setup Instructions – Voice Call
- Visit https://aka.ms/MFASetup (recommended from a PC or VDI)
- Sign in by entering your Rivier email address and password. You will be asked to provide more information.
- Microsoft suggests using Microsoft Authenticator app. If you prefer to use the voice call option, you will need to click “I want to set up a different method” at the bottom of the page. Do not click Next.
- A dialog box will appear with a drop-down menu. Change the method to Phone (from app), then click Next.
- Enter your 10-digit phone number. Select “Call me” and then click Next.
- You will receive a phone call. Answer the call. When prompted, press # to verify your number.
- After the number was verified, you will see this on your screen. Click Done.
- The next page forces you to create an app password. Most people do not need this app password. Simply type any 8 letters into the box and then click Next.
- Again, you do not need your app password. Ignore this screen and click Done.
- If you see “Success!” then you are done! Click Done.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.