MFA Setup Instructions – Authenticator App (Recommended)
- Visit https://aka.ms/MFASetup from a computer (desktop, laptop, or VDI). Do not visit from phone or tablet.
- Sign in by entering your Rivier email address and password. You will be asked to provide more information.
- When you see Start by getting the app, click Next. When you see Set up your account, click Next.
- When you see the Scan the QR code screen, pause and continue setting up MFA on your phone.
- On your phone, download the Microsoft Authenticator app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android/Samsung). Open the Authenticator app.
- Important: You might receive a prompt asking to allow the app to access your camera or take pictures. You must select Allow so that your phone can take a picture of the QR code. If prompted to allow giving notifications, you must select Allow or the app won’t work.
- Skip through any welcome screens in the Authenticator app. From the Customize and Control icon (+), select Add an account. Choose Work or school account.
- Aim your phone’s camera at the QR code. The phone will scan the QR code and add your account to the app. You are ready to proceed to the next step when you see your email address and a rolling (changing) code.
- On your PC (page with the QR Code), click Next. The next screen says “Let’s try it out. Approve the notification we’re sending to your app.”
- On your phone, you should receive a pop-up notification. Tap Approve. On your PC, click Next. You should be taken to a screen that says “Notification approved.” Click Next, then click Done.
- You’re done setting up MFA! When you see a summary page, you can simply close your browser. Or, you can choose to add a backup/alternate MFA option such as a text message notification.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.