MFA and iPhone Mail
Help! I set up MFA and now I cannot access Rivier email on my iPhone!
My iPhone Mail app keeps prompting me for my password, but it won’t accept it!
The iPhone Mail app does not fully support MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication). Please install the Microsoft Outlook app from the Apple App Store. The Outlook app is more secure, faster, and designed for Office 365 mail. Plus, the Outlook app offers “Phish Alert Button” to report spam, and better calendaring!
Not convinced? OK, you can keep using your iPhone Mail app. We have heard anecdotally that deleting your Rivier mail account from your iPhone and re-adding it makes it work again. Note: Rivier University and its IT department do not support iPhone Mail. Follow these instructions at your own risk! Also, we cannot guarantee that iPhone Mail app will continue working.
- On your iPhone, open Settings. Scroll to and touch Accounts & Passwords
- Select your Rivier email account. (It is often labeled “Exchange”)
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and select Delete Account
- In Settings -> Accounts & Passwords, select Add Account
- Select Exchange
- Enter your Rivier email address. You may be taken to the Authenticator app to complete your sign-in.
- Complete the setup. You’re done!