Connecting to the Rivier Wi-Fi with Windows 10
Watch this YouTube Video: Connecting to the Rivier Wi-Fi
If you have already unsuccessfully attempted to connect, you must “forget” the connection and start over. See instructions below.
- Right-click ‘Internet Access’ icon in the Windows taskbar (lower right corner)
- Select ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’
- Then, ‘Set up a new connection or network’
- Then, ‘Manually connect to a wireless network’
- Click Next
- Fill in the following:
- Network name: RIVIER (all caps)
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Leave the Security Key blank and then click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Change connection settings’ then select the ‘Security’ tab
- Click ‘Settings’ next to ‘Choose a network authentication method’
- Uncheck ‘Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate’
- Click ‘Configure’ within the same dialog box, next to ‘Select Authentication Method’
- Uncheck ‘Automatically use my Windows login name and password’
- Click OK
- Click ‘OK’ on the ‘Protected PEAP Properties’ dialog box
- Click ‘Advance Settings’
- Then, select the tab ‘802.1x settings’ (this should be the default)
- Check/enable ‘Specify authentication mode’ and select ‘User authentication’ from the drop-down menu
- Click ‘Save Credentials’
- Enter your Rivier username (typically first initial+lastname) and password.
- Careful, don’t enter your entire email address!
- Click OK
- Click ‘OK’ on all open dialog boxes and complete setup by clicking ‘Close’
Forget Wireless Connection (necessary if unsuccessfully connected before starting over):
Click the Start Menu Button (aka ‘Windows Branding Logo’) in the lower left taskbar.
Click Settings -> Network & Internet -> Manage Wi-Fi settings -> Click ‘RIVIER‘ -> Click ‘Forget‘